Feline Animal Care Technician & Off-Site Adoption Coordinator
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
- Organize the off-site cat adoption program.
- Communicate with the off site locations about cats in their care.
- Keep accurate records of off site animals.
- Clean and maintain the animal shelter in a sanitary, humane and cost-effective manner.
- Provide animals in our care with an enriched, compassionate environment while they await adoption.
- Assist customers in the selection of animals as needed.
- Utilize the Meet Your Match adoption program accurately and effectively.
- Represent the ARLGP positively in the community.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
- General knowledge and understanding of sheltering practices, as well as animal care and safe animal handling skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and customer service experience.
- Prior shelter or veterinarian experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability for hard, physical work in an emotional and stressful environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs unassisted several times each day, access primary worksite that is not handicapped accessible, lift, scoop, bend and twist as part of essential job functions.
- Possess a valid State of Maine driver's license.
- Must be able to use own vehicle as needed.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Sarah Ashe, Feline Manager
Email to: email@example.com
Mail to: PO Box 336, Westbrook ME 04098
The ARLGP is interested in working with area college students for unpaid internships. Duties include administrative tasks working with the Business Manager, Development Director, Volunteer Coordinator, Community Relations Manager and various projects throughout the shelter. Specific tasks range from updating the website, to attending events and performing data entry. If you are interested in an internship with the ARLGP, please fill out this application and return to Sophia Bahlkow, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.